Health System: Health IT (5560B)
Program Outcome Statement
Provide governance to support efficient and transparent IT planning and service delivery.
- IT Planning and Management
- IT Program and Project Management
- Application Support
- Business Intelligence Services
- Information Security
The HIT Program, started in March 2013, was formed to create transparent and system-wide governance and support to ensure the delivery of high value information services to Health System customers. Health System customers represent all persons who ultimately receive a service supported by Health IT systems, including Health System employees, patients/clients, and business partners within and outside the County.
Percent of Health System Customers Ranking Services as Good or Better Anticipated to Meet Target at Year-End
Percent of Projects Completed on Time and Within Budget Anticipated to Meet Target at Year-End
Percent of Reports Delivered by Agreed-Upon Delivery Date Above Target
FY 2018-19 Mid-Year Story Behind Performance
Percent of Health System Customers Ranking Services Good or Better
Health IT currently has 21 active projects. Customer surveys are distributed at the completion of the project which will occur within the next reporting period. We expect to meet the target of 90% customer satisfaction.
Percent of Projects Completed On Time and Within Budget
As stated above, Health IT currently has 21 active projects. We expect those to be completed on-time and within budget during the next reporting cycle.
Percent of Reports Delivered by Agreed Upon Delivery Date
We have been able to standardize some of the regular reporting requests increasing our response time. We expect to continue to meet target at year-end.
- Complete Phase II of the Health Information Exchange (HIE) project, which is comprised of connecting to external trading partners, including neighboring hospitals, a statewide HIE network, and community based organizations.
- Establish a new Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), which forms the data foundation for analyses and reporting across all client-facing divisions of SMC Health.
- Implement an Electronic Health Record (EHR) for Correctional Health Services, including bar code medication administration and support for the new mental health pods.