Public Safety Communications
FY 2015-17 Performance Report
The San Mateo County Office of Public Safety Communications is dedicated to providing excellent Police, Fire and Medical emergency dispatch and communications services. We do this by forming collaborative partnerships, ensuring quality and upholding the values of the organization. As the initial responder, we act quickly and decisively in order to achieve safety and quality of life of those we serve.
Customer Satisfaction Rating of Good or Better
Percentage of 911 Calls Answered in 10 Seconds or Less
Percentage of Employee Evaluations Completed
Percentage of Employees Rating San Mateo County Good or Better
Cost Per Capita
Percentage of Goals and Benchmarks Met
<Administrative Measure 5>
FY 2015-17 Highlights
- Center of Excellence Emergency Medical Dispatch Re-accredited for the 3rd time.
- City of Daly City - Successful negotiations resulted in an agreement for 911 Law Enforcement Dispatch Services.
- Addition of 6 New Communications Dispatcher Positions.
- Successful Recruitment of 12 Communications Dispatchers.
- Phase One Completion of our Policy and Procedure Manual Update. Phase Two estimated completion December 2016.
FY 2017-19 Goals
- Evaluate and develop an organizational structure for the future.
- Develop Succession Plan which meets the needs of the organization.
- Enhance training plan to meet the needs of the organization.
- Enhance Web based Customer Service Feedback.
- Continue employee recognition and engagement.
- Complete the purchase and outfitting of two Incident Dispatch Vehicles.
FY 2017-19 Challenges
- Continue efforts to transition Public Safety Communications (PSC) working in conjunction with the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office into the new Regional Operations Center (ROC).
- Continue efforts to transition PSC to a new Computer Aided Dispatch System.
- Succession planning and training in preparation of vacancies and pending retirements.
- Continue efforts to keep the current PSC equipment and facilities in working order.
Ongoing Measure A
This is placeholder text. To get started, remove it and input your own information! But if you are the curious type—and I’m pretty sure you are—you might be surprised that stories are more memorable than charts and data alone. That’s because new stories stick to memories we already have and that means we can more easily relate (and remember!). So don’t forget to tell a story.
New Measure A
This is placeholder text. To get started, remove it and input your own information! Or you could just leave this bit of text right here to experiment with the design and layout of your story. Go ahead, add another! Using a variety of layouts and visual arrangements will make your story stand out. Or that's what we like to think. This explains why we have all of these content blocks for you to play with. So get after it, author! Tell your story. It's going to be magnificent!
FY 2016-17 Budget
OVERVIEW FY 2015-16 FY 2016-17 Amount Change Percent Change
TOTAL SOURCES: 8,443,617 9,246,131 802,514 9.5%
TOTAL REQUIREMENTS: 12,036,272 13,071,808 1,035,356 8.6%
TOTAL NET COUNTY COST: 3,592,655 3,825,677 233,022 6.5%
TOTAL POSITIONS: 59 65 6 10%