Tax Collector (1510P)
- Property Tax Services
- Public Auctions for Tax Defaulted Property
- Balances and Submits Apportionment Reports to the Controller
- Transient Occupancy Tax
Dollars Collected for All Tax Rolls
dollars collected are a reflection of both our focused collection efforts, as
well as the increasing dollar value of the Secured tax roll.
Cost per Property Tax Bill Increasing
The Cost Per Property Tax Bill measure examines the total number of bills generated in a year compared to our annual office budget. This calculation was updated in the 2012-13 fiscal year to capture tax bills generated across all tax rolls. Because both our budget and the number of tax bills generated can vary year to year, fluctuations in this measure are to be expected.
Secured Collection Rate Remains Steady
FY 2017-18 Year-End Story Behind Performance
- Implement a new, modern property tax system
- Convert all paper records to imaged documents and populate historical information into the new system
- Begin testing supplemental payment processing at the Union Bank Lockbox